Not only do we love fashion at Libby's Boutique, we love all things beauty, too! Here are a few beauty tips and tricks we've found that saves us time and helps us look our best!
1. Use tape to achieve the perfect winged liner
We've all been there. The winged liner on the left eye turns out perfect! Then you try your hand at the right eye, and it turns out to be a mess! So you try to fix it, and it just keeps getting thicker and thicker.....and thicker. This beauty trick will save you so much time AND frustration.
- Take a small piece of scotch tape.
- Place the tape on the outside of your eye slightly upwards where you would like the winged liner to be.
- Take your eyeliner and line the piece of tape.
- When you feel like you've achieved the angle and look you're going for, pull off the tape.
- Clean up the excess liner that got under the tape with a q-tip.
2. Achieve the appearance of fuller lips with ombre lipstick
- Slightly over line your lips with a dark lipliner.
- Fill in the outside edges with that same liner.
- Use a light nude lipstick just in the center of your lips (or a shade that's quite a bit lighter than liner).
- Rub your lips together to blend colors slightly.
3. Make your teeth appear whiter with certain lipsticks
4. How to achieve perfect eyebrows with concealer
If you fill in your eyebrows, you know how hard it can be to make them look perfect! However, this little trick is SO handy!
Do your normal eyebrow routine. When you're all finished, take a flat compact brush with a little concealer on it. Carefully line your brows like the picture above! Take your finger and blend out the excess concealer. Voila! You just upped your brow game x10.
4. Beachy waves in 5 minutes
I have been searching for YEARS for the perfect way to achieve effortless, beachy waves. You know the kind every celebrity has and it looks so perfect? It would take me over an hour to try to recreate this look (No thanks!). I'm happy to say I've finally found a way that works for me AND takes very little time!
- Before bed, straighten your hair.
- Separate your hair in two big, loose pig tail braids.
- Take your flat iron and go over the braid a few times, hitting all sides.
- Sleep with your hair in these braids overnight.
- When you wake up in the morning, take your braids out. You might have to touch up a few pieces that didn't lay just right with a wand, curling iron, or flat iron.
For an extra touch (I always do this!), use some sort of sea salt/texture spray to hold the look.
6. Reduce cellulite with homemade coffee scrub
I know every girl is going to want to try this! Unfortunately, no matter your size or shape, you've probably had to deal with cellulite at some point! While this trick won't totally remove your cellulite, it does mask the appearance quite well. If you have a vacation coming up or it's the summertime, try this scrub about a month before you know you're going to be in shorts or a bathing suit.
- Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil (I like unrefined because it actually smells like coconuts) in a jar or tupperware.
- Mix in 1/2 cup coffee grounds with the oil.
We hope you enjoyed these tips and tricks! Leave a comment below if you've tried any of these or if you have some tricks we need to try!